Your stock photo choices just got better…and more inclusive!
(1) Here’s how to write a gender inclusive job posting.
We all loved this post full of practical advice and tips on how to center and welcome applicants who identify across the gender spectrum. [PDXWIT / Portland Women in Tech]
(2) Get more from your RFPs.
Check out these six ways you can improve your RFPs, make solid digital investments, and hopefully have more money left over to invest directly in the causes you love. [Medium]
(3) Finally, a stock photo library that includes nonbinary folks!
It can be challenging to find authentic, diverse representation in stock photos. Check out this new photo library of nonbinary individuals that goes beyond the clichés of holding a trans flag. [The Gender Spectrum Collection]
(4) “Read time” labels are making their way to the mainstream.
Turns out that listicles aren’t the only or even necessarily the best way to grab and hold attention: shorter isn’t inherently better! By publishing read times, it seems like the average time we spend reading one piece online might be going up. [Medium]
Want to get the next Spark directly to your inbox? Sign up today
(5) Did you catch the 60 Minutes on women in tech that featured zero women?
(6) We love this platform for helping women and girls in tech.
#BuiltByGirls platform Wave offers the kind of holistic pipeline of support that is lacking in the tech industry and lacking mention in the aforementioned 60 Minutes interview. [Forbes]
(7) How extremism happens so easily on YouTube.
With the New Zealand shooting being optimized for social media virality, this article illustrates just how much one platform’s algorithm boosts extreme content. [Medium]