ThinkShout is proud to announce that we are facilitating the first ever Drupal Day for Nonprofit IT Professionals event at this year's Nonprofit Technology Conference (NTC) April 3rd, 2012, at the Hilton Union Square in San Francisco.
The content of this full-day event will be geared toward IT decision-makers who either currently manage, or are considering, the Drupal content management system. With this focus, this event will be applicable to Drupal professional service providers specializing in the nonprofit sector, in-house nonprofit software developers, Drupal power-users, and executive nonprofit staff responsible for managing website and web application procurement and maintenance.
This event will not a training on “How to build a website with Drupal,” nor will it be a Drupal vendor or product spotlight. Rather, this is a hands-on opportunity for Drupal users in the NTEN community to:
- Increase dialog within the national community of Drupal professionals and IT decision-makers serving the nonprofit sector;
- Make connections between nonprofit IT professionals interested in different technical and process conversations that are active in the wider Drupal community;
- Expose the nonprofit IT community to the latest techniques, tools, and trends in Drupal development and site management; and,
- As one of the opening events at the NTC, start the conference off right!!!
If you happened to have attended the incredible Drupal Nonprofit Summit at the 2011 BADCamp, the format and structure of the event will be familiar:
- 9:30-10:00 am: An optional "Introduction to Drupal Terminology and concepts for IT professionals new to Drupal."
- 10-10:15 am: Full-group welcome, intros and agenda review.
- 10:15-10:45 am: Full-group "Making Connections" exercise.
- 10:45-11am: Break.
- 11-12 pm: Two 30-minute case studies with break-outs.
- 12-1 pm: Drupal BOF sessions during a working lunch.
- 1-1:05 pm: Quick introduction to the Drupal Association.
- 1:05-2:35 pm: Three 30-minute case studies with break-outs.
- 2:35-3:00 pm: Full-group wrap-up.
Of course, this event would not be possible without our hosts - the Nonprofit Technology Network. If you are not familiar with NTEN or the NTC, definitely check them out. Having attended the last 2 conferences, I can say with confidence that the NTC will be one of the best national tech gatherings of the year. We're also every excited to have the sponsorship and planning support of individuals such as Johanna Bates and organizational partners including Drupal Association, CivicActions, OpenSourcery, and Jackson River.
If you're interested in helping out with case studies or other planning/facilitation opportunities as part of the Drupal Day for Nonprofits, give us a shout! We're hoping that the event will pull together the leading minds in Drupal development for the nonprofit sector from around the country.