The ThinkShout team celebrates our one year anniversary
Almost exactly a year ago, after over a year of flirting with the idea of partnering, Sean and I finally tied the knot. Our initial goals when starting ThinkShout were modest:
We certainly have a long ways to go, but we’re proud of how far we’ve come and are even more excited for what the year ahead holds.
- Launching exciting projects with Dehen 1920, World Wildlife Fund, Manhattan Kayak Company, Blue Water Baltimore, and many more.
- Releasing several open source tools to help progressive organizations, including several new MailChimp releases, a few OpenLayers modules and the first Drupal Leaflet integration to help tell stories with maps, Wireframe ME for rapid prototyping, VoteSmart webform to promote advocacy, and Entity Registrations, a new platform for managing registrations with Drupal which we hope will be adopted by COD.
- Kicking off new engagements with The Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers, International Living Future Institute, Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership, OpenPlans, Metro / Intertwine, Willamette River Initiative, Scenic Hudson, and American Public Media’s market place to name a few.
- Continuing our innovative partnership with MailChimp.
- Forming strategic partnerships with Acquia and Pantheon.
- Pushing the boundaries in the Drupal mapping space with our collection of map related modules and projects.
- Breaking ground on a native CRM/ASM initiative, RedHen, which we plan on making significant progress on during Q1 of 2012.
- Attending DrupalCon Chicago and BADCamp in Berkley, where we presented on pooling resources towards a common goal at the non-profit summit.
- Adding Andrea, Brandon, and Tauno to the ThinkShout team. Seriously, they’re all amazing and we couldn’t have made it this far without each of them. The year ahead holds so much process as we refine our processes and really come together as a team.
- Moving into our new office in the EcoTrust building and being part of that dedicated and passionate community.
- Launching our sexy new responsive website. Great job to everyone involved, especially Andrea who designed it and developed the theme.
Looking ahead to 2012
I’ll avoid a list so that it can’t be held over my head :) That said, we’re excited to release a native Drupal association management platform, come together as a team to do amazing work, work on exciting new projects while continuing to server our existing clients, add a new developer to the team, contribute more to the Drupal community we’re so proud to be a part of, and, most importantly, have a blast while making the world just a smidgen better, one Drupal site at a time.
Hope the new year is filled with promise for everyone. Thanks, the ThinkShout team.
Get In Touch
Questions? Comments? We want to know! Drop us a line and let’s start talking.
Related Blog Posts
ThinkShout stands in solidarity with Black and brown communities in calling out the senseless police killing of George Floyd last week.
The world has changed dramatically over the past month, and so too has our little corner of the world.
As people’s lives have come to an abrupt halt, we are still trying to keep as much moving as we possibly can. For many of us, this includes having lots and lots of virtual meetings.